I just loved this when I saw it... and on that note I'd like to say HAPPY HUMP DAY lovelies! Lol
With today being the half-way point of the week for most of us, it's only right that instead of posting another of my favourite recipes, I thought I would post a couple of my favourite COCKTAIL recipes instead. If, like me, you're having one of those weeks where nothing is going right and you're stressed to the hilt, then a little cocktail is a welcomed idea.
Cranberry Ginger Fizz Cocktail
1 cup of fresh cranberries
1 lemon - cut into wedges
4 sprigs of mint
1/2 an orange - cut into wedges
1 cup ginger ale
1 1/2 cups of gin
3/4 cup of sparkling water
3/4 cup of sugar
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a medium saucepan, stir until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat; pour off all but one cup of syrup, reserving any extra for another use.
- Heat the syrup to a boil and then reduce heat to a medium. Add the cranberries and simmer for 2-3 minutes until they just begin to burst. Remove from heat and let cool in syrup.
- Place 2 tablespoons of drained cranberries and 6 tablespoons of cranberry syrup in a large pitcher; add the lemon and orange wedges.
- Using a wooden spoon, vigorously mash the fruit.
- Stir in gin and let steep for at least 5 minutes.
- Strain into a medium pitcher.
- Fill 4 glasses with crushed ice and 1/4 ginger ale.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and then pour half of the cranberry mixture into the shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds, strain liquid into two glasses. Repeat.
- Mound additional ice on top of each glass and garnish with 3 candied cranberries and a mint sprig.
Strawberry Vodka Lemon Sparklers
4oz strawberry infused vodka
4oz sugar syrup
4oz pink lemonade
4oz sparkling wine
- Pour syrup and strawberry vodka into shaker with ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain and pour into 2 cocktail glasses.
- Add pink lemonade to the glasses 3/4 full.
- Top off with sparkling wine.
- Garnish with strawberries and mint.
Now repeat after me...
IT'S 5 O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE!!!
So there you go lovely people, 2 fantastic cocktail recipes that once you've tasted, you will instantly fall in love with and I predict you will continue to make for years to come!
If you would like to find more fantastic cocktail recipes like this then look no further than Pinterest! There are literally thousands upon thousands of fantastically delicious recipes there for you to try.
Take care lovelies. x